We found this recipe recently and it has become an instant favorite!! To see the original post online, click here.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
cHIPOTLE CREAM SAUCE
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle paste*
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
*1 tablespoons chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce, can be substituted for chipotle paste.